Facts you need to know
1)After you have received Jesus into your heart as your Savior, you have been born again. You are now a spiritual baby in this new life of faith In God of the Bible and in Jesus, His Son, and your Savior.
2) As a baby in faith and as a baby in righteousness, you need to grow to become an adult, to become mature in righteousness and in faith.2Ti_3:16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 2Co_10:15 Neither do we go beyond our limits by boasting of work done by others. Our hope is that, as your faith continues to grow, our sphere of activity among you will greatly expand,
3) You have two new things now in this new life of yours and you knew nothing about these things called RIGHTEOUSNESS AND FAITH before you have been born again.
4) The BIBLE says that the righteous will live by faith. WHAT does it mean to live by faith ?? Heb10:38 And, “But my righteous one will live by faith. And I take no pleasure in the one who shrinks back”. It means the way you live from now on will be based on your obedience that comes from your faith in Jesus as your Savior and your Teacher.
Rom_1:5 Through him we received grace and apostleship to call all the Gentiles to the obedience that comes from faith for his name’s sake.
Rom_16:26 but now revealed and made known through the prophetic writings by the command of the eternal God, so that all the Gentiles might come to the obedience that comes from faith–
5) You need to understand that you did nothing to be born again, you have only believed and obeyed the good news about Jesus and you have made a choice to repent and to turn to God of the Bible through Jesus and personally received Jesus as your Savior and have made Him Lord of your life. Through Faith, you have been saved and not by works. But remember from now on you have to come to the obedience that comes from faith and you have to live by this new faith.
6) Remember as an unbeliever you did not believe in the Word of God, the Holy Book as we call it, The Bible, and you did not read or study it. What does it mean? It means that the Bible is there for this baby Christian to study, to learn what God is expecting from you.
7) You must remember Eph 2:1 As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins,
Eph 2:2 in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient.
Eph 2:3 All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our flesh and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature deserving of wrath.
You are still in the world, you must now separate yourself from the life you used to live as a sinner.
8) You are a born again in spirit, but your physical body is still the old body with its old passions and desires and your mind is still used to the old way of thinking. YOUR TASK YOUR JOB IS TO STOP the old ways of thinking and living.
9) REMEMBER you have been cleansed and forgiven of your sins committed in your past !! 2Pe1:9 But whoever does not have them is nearsighted and blind, forgetting that they have been cleansed from their past sins.Heb_9:15 For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance–now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.
10) You have not been forgiven in advance of your present or future sins. Sin is sin so if you sin again you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God’s wrath when his righteous judgment will be revealed. You need to come back again and ask Jesus again for the forgiveness of sins you have committed again. And you have to try again and again. You MUST PRACTICE to live A RIGHTEOUS LIFE, A HOLY LIFE every day of your life until the end!
11) Remember the Devil wants you back in his kingdom of sin and death!!
12) REMEMBER Jesus is NOT going to live your life for you !! And remember you have been saved by the righteousness of Jesus but you are going to give account of what you have done with your life after you have received Jesus as your Savior . You will be standing before the Lord with your own righteousness or unrighteousness and NOT HIS righteousness.Eze 3:20 “Again, when a righteous person turns from their righteousness and does evil, and I put a stumbling block before them, they will die. Since you did not warn them, they will die for their sin. The righteous things that person did will not be remembered, and I will hold you accountable for their blood. Eze 18:24 “But if a righteous person turns from their righteousness and commits sin and does the same detestable things the wicked person does, will they live? None of the righteous things that person has done will be remembered. Because of the unfaithfulness they are guilty of and because of the sins they have committed, they will die.
Eze 18:26 If a righteous person turns from their righteousness and commits sin, they will die for it; because of the sin they have committed they will die.
13) Jesus came into this world to prove to us as human beings that GOD ALMIGHTY as described in the Bible, is real and alive. AND JESUS came into this world to teach us how to live to be able to enter the KINGDOM OF GOD in Heaven.
14) Believe in God of the Bible and believe in His last act to save you and that is to believe in His Son Jesus and to receive JESUS as your Savior and STOP SINNING !!!!
15) BECAUSE YOU HAVE FAITH IN JESUS YOU TRUST HIM AND DO WHAT HE SAYS. HE SAYS THAT YOU MUST LIVE A RIGHTEOUS LIFE Heb 10:26 If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left,
Heb 10:27 but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God.
Heb 10:28 Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses.
Heb 10:29 How much more severely do you think someone deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified them, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace?
Heb 10:30 For we know him who said, “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” and again, “The Lord will judge his people.”
Heb 10:31 It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
2Pe 2:20 If they have escaped the corruption of the world by knowing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and are again entangled in it and are overcome, they are worse off at the end than they were at the beginning.
2Pe 2:21 It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than to have known it and then to turn their backs on the sacred command that was passed on to them.
2Pe 2:22 Of them the proverbs are true: “A dog returns to its vomit,” and, “A sow that is washed returns to her wallowing in the mud.”
Heb 6:4 It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit,
Heb 6:5 who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age
Heb 6:6 and who have fallen away, to be brought back to repentance. To their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace.
Heb 6:7 Land that drinks in the rain often falling on it and that produces a crop useful to those for whom it is farmed receives the blessing of God.
Heb 6:8 But land that produces thorns and thistles is worthless and is in danger of being cursed. In the end it will be burned.